Introduction to Volunteering in Uganda
UYWEFA’s primary focus is on running its projects to help the local communities in Kazo , Wakiso District, Uganda. However, the charity also runs a volunteer programme and welcomes volunteers from overseas.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-motivated, proactive people who are able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Realists, not idealists.
- From 18 years old with a minimum of one year’s post-qualification work experience.
The Volunteer Programme
- Not rigidly structured.
- Role dependent upon volunteers’ skills and interests.
- Volunteers assist with existing projects and support community staff and do not take away jobs from the local Ugandans.
- A minimum of three weeks to one year and above
Want to Visit But Can’t Commit to Our Recommended Placement Duration?
- We welcome visitors too. It’s a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the work we do by spending time with our passionate staff and visiting the many varied projects we run.
Please refer to our international volunteers guide
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and motivation statement to . email@example.com
All of our projects are focused on finding simple, low-cost local solutions to a wide variety of problems faced by the local communities in Kazo and in the neighboring villages. Volunteers are there to assist with existing projects and not to take away jobs from the local Ugandans .
We encourage a stay of a minimum of three to four weeks or above . The average volunteer placement is around three months which allows volunteers to establish solid relationships in the community and contribute a reasonable amount of time to the projects. For volunteer teachers, it allows them to complete one school term in most cases. It is important to recognise that, although the volunteers will benefit enormously from their experience volunteering with UWEFA , our main responsibility is to provide consistent and effective assistance to the community